The main difference of version 1.1.0 of the Spread The Word extension is Facebook Open Graph technology support. This guide will tell you how to set up Spread The Word and how to befriend Magento and Facebook Open Graph.
First of all, we assume that you've already registered your Facebook application before and you have OAuth keys for this social network saved in your Spread The Word configuration. Otherwise, please follow the steps described in the "Setting up OAuth authorization" - "Facebook" section of the User Guide.
Creating Facebook Open Graph objects and actions.
By following the steps below we will create Facebook Open Graph Objects and Actions for Spread The Word invitations. We will also create Aggregations - little reports that will provide a resume of social activity concerning these objects and actions.
First of all, log in to Facebook go to your "Apps" page at https://developers.facebook.com/apps.
1. Select the app you'll work with in the left menu, click "Edit App".
2. Use the "Setting" menu on the left to go to the "Basic" page. Make sure that the "Sandbox Mode" option is disabled on the "Basic Info" tab. Otherwise, select the "Disabled" box and save changes.
3. Copy the value of the "Namespace" field and save it in the "Facebook App Namespace" field on the "Facebook Open Graph Object Settings" tab in Spread The Word extension configuration (Magento Backend - System - Configuration - Add In Mage:: Extensions - Spread The Word).
4. Use the "Setting" menu on the left to go to the "Permissions" page. Make sure that your app permissions correspond to those on the screenshot below:
User & Friend Permissions: "email"
Extended Permissions: "publish_stream", "read_friendlists"
Auth Token Parameter: "Query String (?code=...)"
5. Use the menu on the left to go to the "App Details" page. Make sure that you have filled in all the required fields. Please refer to the screenshot below for an example. After you set up Facebook Open Graph and Spread The Word extension in Magento Backend according to the steps below, your application should be submitted for approval by Facebook. Click "Submit App Detail Page" to do this.