Follow these steps to update or install your copy of the "Spread The Word" extension to v 1.1.8
Version 1.1.8 is a minor update of the Spread The Word extension by Add In Mage:: It is available for all customers who bought this product after 3/13/2012.
Please backup your store database and web directory.
- 1. If you use Compilation Magento feature:
- 1.1. Log in Magento Backend
- 1.2. Open System / Tools / Compilation and click "Disable"
- 2. Log out from Magento Backend
- 3. Download and unzip the contents of the "Add_In_Mage_Spread_The_Word_Latest" archive file on your computer and open the extracted folder. Upload the contents of the "extension" directory to your store root directory using any FTP client.
- 4. Manually delete cache from this directory: MAGENTO_INSTALLATION_PATH/var/cache/.
- 5. Log in to Magento Backend. If installation is successful, you will see a confirmation message: "Spread The Word extension (version 1.1.8) is installed successfully.".
- 6. If you use Magento Compilation feature:
- 6.1. Open System / Tools / Compilation and click "Run Compilation Process" button to recompile Magento PHP files.
A template of the message with a discount for Twitter lets you enter your corporate Twitter username to mention it in the messages. If you plan to use Twitter after the update, please do the following:
- 1. Open the "direct_twitter_discount.html" file in MAGENTO_INSTALLATION_PATH/app/locale/en_US/template/email/add-in-mage/spreadtheword/.
- 2. Change "AddInMage" to your Twitter username, but leave the "@" character before the name to mention it in Twitter correctly.
- 3. Save changes.